When school finished last year, I started getting organised for Christmas. I wanted to have new placemats for our table as the family was coming to our house for Christmas dinner. I went to my favourite website, Pinterest, and
found instructions on how to make some cool mats using a ragging technique. Several hours later I had 10 double sided placemats that I really loved.
 |
| My finished placemats. |
Next time I went onto Pinterest, ideas for rag quilting were on my feed. I loved the look of these quilts and did some research. I read articles and viewed videos.
 |
| A rag quilt sample, not mine. |
I had always wanted to make a quilt for our bed and this method looked like a great way to start. Feeling motivated, I tested out two different variations that I discovered when researching.
 |
| Investigating which variation to use. |
I decided that I wanted to sandwich flannel fabric inside my quilt squares rather than dacron, as it gave a better ragging effect and would make a lighter quilt. Off I went to buy some fabric and I sourced some flannel sheets on Trademe for the filling. So far I have cut most of the squares out. Next comes the sewing, which I will start once my latest painting project is done. I’ll do another post to share my finished quilt ... which could take some time!
 |
| Fabric cut, ready to sew. |
Comments
Post a Comment