Before 2019 I was in the habit of jogging every day before school. I was fit and felt great. It took discipline to get up and put my running shoes on on cold, damp, dark mornings. I was proud of this habit. Then came the start of 2019 when I had lots of problems with my back. This meant I could no longer jog, as the jarring from running caused too much pain. Instead I would walk. However, getting up and getting going was not something I did well that year. My walks were shorter and didn’t get my heart rate going like jogging did. I didn’t feel so good.
Over the holidays I upped my walking, literally. I started walking up hill. I started to puff more, which was what I wanted to do. Having Grant’s brother, who was with us for the holidays, walk with me each day was a good motivation for establishing a new habit. For four weeks now I have headed off for a 45 min walk as soon as I get up. I am feeling much better and not so puffy. Now the challenge is to keep this healthy habit going when school starts. As soon as that alarm goes at 6am, I need to leap out of bed and get those walking shoes on!
 |
| View from the top of my morning walk. |
 |
| On the way down. |
Comments
Post a Comment